We Help Your Business Stay Ahead Of The Competition
Every business is subject to the evolving nature of corporate law. Federal policies, state regulations and legislative actions are continually being updated. An integral part of business success – from startup businesses to well-established industries – is compliance with these laws. The key to longevity and profitability is not only compliance but also staying ahead of the competition.
Most business owners are good at what they do, but edging in front of their competition while navigating through legal processes surrounding business operations can be frustrating. It can also be costly without the right legal advocacy. At Goldburd McCone LLP, our attorneys are a quick phone call away. We provide intelligent counsel for emerging small to mid-sized businesses not only regarding the benefits of a limited liability company, corporation or a partnership but also for the full scale of the legal processes a business encounters once it is in operation.
Advice, Guidance And Direction Your Business Can Rely On
Our clients run the gamut from industries to emerging technologies, including:
- Joint ventures
- Owner-operated family businesses
- Professional practices
- Closely held corporations
- Nonprofit organizations
Our attorneys provide a personalized, hands-on approach for a range of businesses and their multifaceted legal requirements.
Some of the legal services we provide for businesses include:
- Analyzing the risk and benefits of partnerships, corporations or limited liability companies
- Structuring employment agreements and contracts
- Developing shareholder agreements
- Reviewing and drafting sales and purchase contracts, including mergers and acquisitions
- Applying for, reviewing and maintaining license requirements
- Ensuring compliance with local, state and federal regulations, including anti-money laundering (AML)
- Tending to taxation matters and how they relate to business structure
- Providing solutions for employment and payroll tax issues, such as deferments, installment agreements and penalty abatement
- Mitigating risk through comprehensive tax analysis and due diligence when buying a business
- Determining potential excise tax penalties for charities, based on the distributable amount of the foundation’s adjusted minimum investment return
- Complying with Section 199A pass-through deductions through the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- Calculating national sales tax nexus and Amazon product sales
- Examining responsible person assessments when New York state pursues an entrepreneur’s personal assets to recover business tax liability
- Encouraging economic development and job creation in impoverished communities through qualified opportunity zones
- Licensing, tax liability and regulatory matters for marijuana and CBD businesses
At Goldburd McCone LLP, our attorneys protect the complete spectrum of our clients’ business interests.
Contact Us For Efficient, Proactive Legal Services
Our attorneys are highly experienced in corporate law. We represent small to medium-sized businesses, providing cost-effective services. We have not only matched our clients’ objectives but also helped them plan for successful futures. Email us or call our office in Manhattan at 212-235-1817 for a consultation to learn more about our legal services for private business clients.