There is much riding on the outcome of every tax controversy. An audit, tax assessment or unpaid tax debt can create serious financial troubles. Criminal penalties are even a possibility in the most serious cases. Simply put, the lawyer you choose to represent you matters a great deal. At Goldburd McCone LLP, we fully understand the gravity of our clients' situations.
With many decades of cumulative experience, we focus our entire practice on tax matters. We have a deep understanding of the legal and procedural issues in these cases while also recognizing the uniqueness of each case. Consequently, we seek out creative solutions that put our clients in the best position to achieve their goals.
Taking On The Full Range Of Tax Matters
Our services include:
- IRS audits: We guide businesses, individuals and nonprofit organizations through the audit process.
- International tax law concerns: Our lawyers address all matters involving Foreign Bank Account Reports (FBAR), the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and other international tax planning and controversies for both U.S. citizens and foreign nationals.
- Tax collection matters: When the IRS has erroneously assessed delinquent tax debts, we protest the assessment and show how much, if any, taxes, are owed. For clients with delinquent tax debts, we work to create installment agreements, offers in compromise and other arrangements.
- Criminal tax allegations: Our lawyers vigorously defend clients facing indictment or allegations of failure to file, tax fraud and other charges.
- Tax structuring: We help both startups and established companies create compensation and stock plans that minimize potential tax impacts.
- Nonprofit tax planning and compliance: Our attorneys have a full command of the unique tax concerns facing nonprofit agencies.
Our first objective in any tax controversy is to help our clients resolve their underlying dispute with a tax agency on the best possible terms. You can rely on us to devote the time and energy necessary to develop strong arguments in support of your position.
Beyond that, we strive to help our clients make informed, educated decisions about taxes now and in the future. In short, we want to solve our clients' current tax problems while helping them avoid new problems.
Get In Touch With Our Law Firm
We offer a free case evaluation to discuss your situation in detail. Call our Manhattan, New York, law firm at 212-235-1817 or complete our online contact form to get started.